Monday, October 04, 2010

week ONE

So it's been a week over here...a week of vacation!

Aside from a few errands here and there, my first week as a resident in Hawaii comprised mostly of finding things to do and familiarizing myself with everything (surprisingly I am always lost even if Ive been here sooo many times). I've been busy and havent given myself the chance to necessarily miss home yet...I mean occasionally I'll have a moment where I think about certain people and wish I see them real quick..but that was nothing that Skype couldn't take care of. I have never used my laptop soo much!! Haha.

I have my car here and it still has its California plates..Im having a few technical difficulties with registering my car here. Thinking about it, I have had to learn how to do a lot of "grown up things" by myself. Things like making sure my insurance policy complies with the state, registering my car, shipping my vehicle, going to rental showings and communicating with realtors, etc. Pretty much everything about moving here, I have had to figure out and fund for myself...an accomplishment for me I guess..thank God for google!!!

It hasn't 100% hit me that Im living here. But I guess since I started work today...Im thinking it will start to sink in. Today, we had a corporate orientation and honestly I am sooo impressed by how organized Hawaii Pacific Health is. The leaders are humble and seem to have a lot of integrity, the organization itself just seems to surpass all my expectations that I had for any hospital in Hawaii. They have an excellent reputation on the island which I have learned from speaking to some of the locals around here--patient satisfaction scores for inpatient and ED consistently remain in the 90th percentile throughout the fiscal year which is fucking unbelievable!!!(at least compared to Scripps) .. the people who were hired with me all seem like quality people...benefits are really good..and to wrap it up, I feel very lucky to have landed this job!! I am actually excited to work and see how this all ends up. It just feels like a serious step up from my previous workplace....like the breath of fresh air that Ive been wanting in my career. So thaaank you Lord for this opportunity=)

Other than that, just been hanging out. The food in Hawaii is seriously AMAZING! Honestly a lot of food in the hole-in-the-wall places tastes better than most food in San Diego. Like my taste buds dance everytime I eat here..one time I was actually doing a little dance while I was eating bc the food is just THAT good. But yesterday, I officially started a diet wedding:( Very minimal carbs, and running at least 30 mins everyday that I can.

My roomie has been pretty chill, haha. I am really thankful that me and Jamies roomies are letting us do this because we are saving sooo much money, but at the same time Im ready to get our own place and do our own thing. Soo I hope that we get a worthy place soon:) As long as my REAL future roomies (daisy/jamie/ber) get their job offers;) Surprisingly havent hung out with Jamie that much because were always doing different things and jamie is a mountain woman right now(jk) but well probably hang out tomorrow...Oh yeah, I went with Mike to Kaua'i for like 2 days..which is SO so beautiful btw. I also met his parents/grandparents..soo yeahh- i dunno, haha but that was cool. I will post pics of the garden island soon!

Aloha for now!

No comments: