Monday, July 09, 2007

--the NCLEX-RN--

It had to be the most nerve-wrecking thing in my life. Not the test itself, just WAITING and PREPARING to take it. The feelings of pressure, anxiety, and...DOOOM! hahaha..

They say don't study the day before you take the test. So I woke up extra early (to make it in bed early) & went to church & PRAYED!!!! Afterwards, I was pretty bored. I sat in my room & realized that I was starting to freeak myself out..I was having resting tachycardia. Haha, a.k.a. very fast heartbeat at rest. So I decided to join my older sister at a pool party. It was actually the perfect thing to do to get my mind off of things. I sat in the pool, closing my eyes, imagining I was at hawaii =) I also had a couple shots and beers (like 2 each) in which I then achieved a state of relaxation. When the sun was setting I headed home to try to make it to Jeremy's grad dinner, but I was too lazy. I was getting sleepy so I popped in "how to lose a guy in 10 days"...movie ended, still wide awake. 1100pm: talked on the phone to marty for 1.5hrs, stillll not sleepy. 1215: go online, stilll not sleepy. I hate that!!! Finally around 215, I dozed off to the sounds of my ipod.

Woke up, drank a red bull & headed there listening to "Cherry Bomb" (my happy song!) on the way up. Went pee, signed in, went pee again in a matter of 10 minutes. HAHA. the other fob nurses taking the test made fun of me. Anyways, I took the test & I remembered to breathe...and it was alll goood. I stopped at the 75 questions, so I'll be checking the website frequently!! Hopefully I hear news before I head to Hawaii!

About Hawaii, I'm freakin excited about that. You have NOOOOO idea!!!!

No comments: