Sunday, November 21, 2010

Adjusting..

so everyone is here. Me, Jamie, Daisy, & Amber!

Weve all been adjusting..getting used to living with each other..while getting used to living over here in Hawaii. I cant believe it's been two months. Time is going soo fast. While we were signing our rental agreement, I guess it put the time frame in perspective for us...we'll be here until May 2012. An 18 month contract, 2012?!!!!

Sometimes I still imagine this a big vacation and I get to go back to SD to my old job, and live back with my family..haha. But this is REALITY!!! This is what we all wanted. & even if this is what I wanted, I still can't help but miss home sometimes. We were talking about it the other day. It's a different feeling living away from family..knowing that life goes on with or without you at home. Giselle is still gonna grow up & wont stay a baby forever...& I likely will miss out on the birth of my up n coming niece/nephew =( (yes, Papic is preggo!!) & even if Im here with my really good friends, I still miss my other friends. Even if we never hung out all the time, being away makes me really appreciate the things/people I took for granted I guess.

So it's us four...& even if homesickness is a factor..I try not to make it a big factor. I already knew it wasnt gonna be easy these first few months!! Ive been warned!! So I try not to let it get the best of me, and live it up while I'm here! We been trying to explore the island, go to different beaches, go out and meet different people. Saw pretty huge waves on the North Shore for my first time! Still working on making some worthwhile friends here who wont think were too crazy tho:P The place is starting to look more and more like a home...we really do NEED a TV tho, haha. Jamie went to some filipino store in WAIPAHUuuuu! haha, and got all these filipino stuff: longonisa, sukang maasim, sinigang packets, patis. LOL. sooo that was coool..we had Longonisa this morning and sisig, *burrrrp!

A few days ago, I took care of a pastor who moved here from the mainland 20 yrs ago, who seriously touched my heart. He was a wise man, had a lot of good things to say about life, myself, and my move to Hawaii. Pretty much reassured me that we made the right decision in moving here. He told me the people here are one of a kind--that I'll never meet people more amazing...& I must say everyone here has been so nice to all of us girls. Truly a lot of Aloha everywhere we go. He also told me that we were very brave to move away and that first 3-6 months would be the hardest, adjusting to the different culture and life here, esp. being away from our families. But he told me after pushing thru that first 6 months, we'll start to put our heads up and actually look around and appreciate everything/everyone around us...then once we stop comparing things to home, then that's when Hawaii will finally feel like a home for us..........

But for now....let the Vacation continue!;) hahaa, jk. Aloha!

1 comment:

kat c. said...

hope to see you when you're here maricel!