Monday, March 24, 2008

off day

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, literally.

It has been such an off day. I guess mostly a recovery from the past week. Viva las vegas! Haha, I have been there more than enough these past couple months, I think I need to let myself miss it again before I get excited about going there again! As far as the last trip went, it was for business but a couple of us turned it into a party. It was a good way to put aside our shift differences and get along for once!! The nursing symposium was just OK. We were the yougest nurses there and the topics were all about stuff we jus learned in nursing school, like a review for the old, dusty nurses..haha. So sadly we ditched more than half the classes there!

As soon as I got back I had two 12hr shifts in which I was so insanely busy it made me stop and think to myself "wow, did I really get my degree to be working this HARD?!!" I know I don't want to be doing this type of floor nursing forever. Yesterday, I changed like 3 diapers an hour and my back was cramped up. When I got home I showered, curled up in a fetal position, and thought to myself "damn." haha, if it weren't for the moments when you feel like you really made a difference in a patients life, I don't know where my motivation would be.

So that brings me to my monday, where I woke up at 12, ate, dressed in my gym clothes with the intention of going... But instead completely knock out!! What a day...I literally did NOTHING productive! I guess I needed it. It felt good to charge up again...it was very much needed!!!!

No comments: