Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thirty

So I'm 30 now!  So far I have been sick twice and since I have been back to Hawaii, have had doctors appointments, labs drawn, and an MRI of my head. Geez!!  Anyways, I think I stopped having my period around Dianne's wedding (2yrs ago) and only now finding out WHY!  I have a microadenoma on my pituitary gland that makes my body produce high prolactin levels.  So, my body basically thinks its breastfeeding....for two plus years. Dammit!  Good thing is I finally know what is wrong, hallelujah! I was prescribed medicine and took my first dose yesterday.  It made me feel nauseated and my stomach ached...but it's only twice a week so we'll see how it goes.

On top of that, the census in the ICU has been extremely looww. Half of my shifts were cancelled this pay period...so I am semi freaked out. Haha.  I have a lot of wedding expenses coming up in the next 2 months and really can't afford not to work.  So I've been fixing up my resume and will probably try NEED to pick up a part time job somewhere....anywhere??  Haha.  I literally make every effort to not spend money lately.  My days consist of working out, eating at home, taking my dog to the park, and watching redbox or any movies I can find on TBS.  Lol. I'll survive. I always say this, but can't wait to be done saving my money for a wedding, hahah! We've been getting back a lot of RSVPs....and so far only ONE "regretfully declines"...we'll see how it looks when we get closer to the date.

I am also a regular day shift nurse now...after 5+ years of being a vampire! I was telling my sisters my body surprisingly adapted very quickly. I wake up early now and sleep at night like a normal person...I have more energy and rely a lot less on coffee (although sometimes I want it just to taste it, haha)...& generally just feel better.  Glad my circumstances (& Mike) pushed me to finally make the change.  

Anyways, that's all that is new with me...until next timeee!

No comments: